Melonie Luxury Adult Crinoline Slip Organza-White
OTHER COLOR OPTIONS:
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Malco Modes Luxury Vintage Tea-Length 50s Look Rockabilly Crinoline/Petticoat (Style 591 Melonie). Don't be fooled by cheap imported costume knock-offs - Malco Modes has been producing high-quality petticoats and crinolines since the 1920's, the same style and manufacturer as the originals! A soft and comfortable petticoat that adds just the right amount of fullness. Perfect length for vintage, modern vintage-replica Steampunk, or rockabilly-style dresses. Also great for swing dancing or as an underskirt for a 1950s poodle or rockabilly skirt. This style contains double-skirted LUXURY polyester netting in five tiers. Each tier is finished with organza binding to add more body to your outfit. The Melonie is hemmed with satin and ends mid calf on average wearers Constructed with a unique, adjustable waistband - no sewing is required! The three buttonh ole design lets you loosen or tighten the waist itself. The elastic can be run through three different tiers, lowering or raising the hem by an inch per tier. It is a full circle slip, so the wearer can comfortably move about without being restricted. NOTE: Measurements are approximate, as garments are hand-sewn. As such, please allow 1 inch in length variance. Remember to consider hip measurements when selecting a size. Care Instructions: Hand wash warm or machine wash on a gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Hang to dry. A hand steamer can be used to increase puff. NOTE: colors display differently on all monitors, so the color of the garment you receive may not be exactly what you expect. Please contact us with any questions or concerns before submitting your purchase
- Hand sewn from quality materials in the USA, the Melonie crinoline petticoat is just what you need to give your favorite skirt or dress the maximum lift and swing you want. Choose from multiple colors, perfect for matching or contrasting, whatever your personal fashion needs. Wear it under a wedding retro 1950s a-line flower girl or junior bridesmaid gown. Works great for Halloween Goth Witch or Disney Princess costumes, Christmas party or Easter Sunday dresses, or with your everyday clothing.
- This petticoat is designed to be tea length for most wearers. Actual length is adjustable. Make sure to compare your measurements to our sizing chart so you can order the best fit for your frame. If your girl or boy won't fit the child garment, check out the adult Melonie for more sizing options. Fits small children as young as 7 years old, up through petite teens and tweens, and always adds the perfect touch of grace no matter how its sized.
- Melonie is made with a double layer of stiff polyester net. All five tiers are bound with organza tape. If the stiffness is too itchy, pair with a softer underskirt or slip. Provides great hoopless lift without uncomfortable panniers. Wear under a swinging skirt and pair with a Victorian jacket and corset for Steampunk cosplay. Add a flower decal or satin ribbon band to make it stand out. Due to the transparent fabric, this garment should not be worn as an overskirt without something under it.
- This petticoat has plenty of room for movement, so it's perfect for all sizes and shapes! We use a high quality elastic for the waist that provides ample stretch and won't dig into skin no matter how long it worn. Our waistband features a unique adjustable design--move the button up or down three spaces for a total of three inches of flexibility. Raise or lower the hem by running the elastic through one of three tiers. No need to grow into this garment, it grows with your little ones!
- All Malco Modes undergarments should be hand-washed and hung to dry. They can be machine-washed on a delicate cycle with Woolite or Forever New, or whichever gentle detergent you prefer. As with hand washing, do not put through a dryer on any cycle. Looking for something a little more fluffy or bouncy? Maybe something closer to knee length to fill out your princess dress? Do you need a tutu for a ballet, or opaque pettipants for a tap recital? Check out our storefront for our complete catalog!
Love it. Fit as expected. Just as described. Good quality. Made well. Nice color. Packaged well. Arrived on time. Will order again. Thank you.
It is great! Gives my circle dress great volume.
This is a great petticoat that will last a long time. The fit/flair is perfect after taking out of packaging, fluffing, and letting it hang for a few days. The ribbon along the edge of the petticoat is a lovely touch. It keeps that material from damaging stocking and scratching. We are happy with this purchase and hope to pass it on to future generations.
I love this crinoline! It will be going under my 1950s vintage wedding dress, and the "Ivory" is a soft yellow color that perfect under the aged vintage eyelet. I was worried about finding a color that worked with the dress, since it was once white but isn't quite white anymore. This is exactly what I wanted! It's very pretty and just the right length. I got the large, and it is a little too large around the waist so I might have to have it altered so it won't slip down at all (my hips are a 41, so if you are around that size or smaller, I'd expect the length to be correct for a 50s style dress, but it will need to be taken in.) I wonder if I should have bought a medium instead, but, I'm going to hang on to this one...a safety pin might do trick enough! Over all I am very pleased to wear this on my wedding day!
I bought another crinoline from a different seller and had to return it because the under-slip was straight , which is horrible if you are curvy, and not right if you want something more authentic. The Malco Modes crinoline (sold by BellaSous Brands) is very well made and the beautiful organza under-slip is the same circumference as the top layer of crinoline, so it flares out as it should. I bought the Melanie in size Large and it fits perfectly, hitting just below my knees. I am 5'8" and 250 lbs. This is an authentic 1950's crinoline. Highly recommended.