Malco Modes Luxury Vintage Tea Length 50s Look Rockabilly Slip/Petticoat (Style 835 Samantha). Don't be fooled by cheap imported costume knock-offs - Malco Modes has been producing high-quality petticoats and crinolines since the 1920's, the same style and manufacturer as the originals! A soft and comfortable petticoat that adds just the right amount of fullness. Perfect length for vintage, modern vintage-replica, or rockabilly-style dresses. Also great for swing dancing, under a 1950s poodle or rockabilly skirt, or princess bridal gown. Unlike crinolines, this slip will add flare without the scratchy fabric. This style contains 40 yards of double-skirted LUXURY chiffon, with more than 120 yards of 3 inch fluff that trims the bottom, adding more body to your outfit. Constructed with a unique, adjustable waistband - no sewing is required! The three buttonhole closure lets you loosen or tighten the waist. The elastic can be run through three different tiers, lowering or raising the hem by an inch per tier. It is a full circle slip, so the wearer can become the pinup party girl of their dreams without being restricted. Pairs great with a corset for versatile style. NOTE: Measurements are approximate, as garments are hand-sewn. As such, please allow 1 inch in length variance.
- Elastic closure
- Hand sewn from quality materials in the USA, the Samantha petticoat is just what you need to make your favorite skirt or dress stand out--no need for a hoop! Choose from multiple colors, perfect for matching or contrasting with your outfit. Really makes your personal fashion pop, and is perfect for fancy dress on any occasion: holidays like a Christmas gown, Steampunk or Gothic costumes for Halloween or a retro Victorian look, your teen's prom, or even for bride and bridesmaid dresses.
- This petticoat is designed to fall below the knee length for most wearers. Actual length is adjustable. Just run the elastic through one of three tiers, raising or lowering the hem by an inch. Waistband is also adjustable with our unique three button system. Can fit a child up through adult women. Make sure to compare your measurements to our sizing chart to order the best fit for your frame. Check out our storefront for clothes for smaller girls.
- The Samantha is made with two layers of luxurious chiffon with added ruffles at the hem for extra lift for your overskirt. We've purposely chosen a fabric with a softer feel so you can wear it all day without the itchiness of other brands. Not designed to fit over a bustle, but can be used with panniers. Best on its own, for a hoopless puffy effect, perfect for burlesque, cancan or square dances. Not opaque or lined, so should be worn as lingerie or a lining, over pantyhose.
- This petticoat has plenty of room for movement, so it's perfect for anyone with a few extra curves! We use a high quality elastic for the waist that provides ample stretch, but won't dig into your skin no matter how long it worn. Aline cut ideal for full figured women. Ladies of all shapes will love this fluffy layered underwear made from durable tiered organza netting. Ideal for vintage cocktail dresses. For ball gowns, or shorter thigh or knee length garments, check out our complete catalog.
- All Malco Modes undergarments should be hand-washed and hung to dry. They can be machine-washed on a delicate cycle with Woolite or Forever New, or whichever gentle detergent you prefer. As with hand washing, do not put through a dryer. Malco Modes products are made in America, Our wide range of classic petticoats, crinolines, tutus, pettipants and double side slit slips are made from synthetic nylon organza, chiffon, tulle, and lace.